￼￼Backend Developer (India)
Backend Developer (India)
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
Salary: Available upon application
About the role
Kalido is building THE ecosystem where one billion talented professionals and freelancers globally, and the half-million larger companies they work with, thrive together.
We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Senior Back End Developer to join us.
In this role, you will be building and maintaining the infrastructure at the very heart of Kalido, and ensuring that it is secure, performant, easily deployable, scalable, cost-effective, and fit for purpose. In doing so, you will shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, using, clean and efficient code
- Design, build and refactor our architecture as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
- Verify, test and deploy new build
- Work with, learn from and challenge senior developers
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, higher quality, and responsive experience
- Monitor and analyse system performance, and own our uptime
- Troubleshoot, debug and maintain the existing DevOps deployments
- Refine and extend our administrative and performance monitoring tools
- Optimize our use of processing power, memory, storage,bandwidth, and third-party API calls in our backend infrastructure
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here. We are looking for someone who: shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Experienced (3+yrs) in development and backend systems building, with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to dev
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of Computer Science and Information Architecture, including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, their complexities, their tradeoffs, and their implementation (e.g. trees, graphs, sorting algorithms, and their various Big O implications)
- Excited about thoughtfully building scalable platforms
- Knowledgeable about systems architecture choices and performance trade-offs, database design and extensibility
- Capable of writing SQL queries for Oracle and Postgresql
- Skilled in Golang
- A good listener, willing and able to act on constructive feedback
- A strong collaborator, able to establish strong relationships with other development teams, and to proactively keep teammates in the loop on progress and issues
- A creative thinker, able to investigate and solve complex product challenges
- A clean, conscientious and forward-thinking coder
- Keen to take initiative wherever an aspect of the in-app experience, feature, development process, or culture can be improved
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Backend Developer at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Apply today.