Data Integrations Engineer
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
Salary: Available upon application
About the role
We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Data Integration Engineer to join us.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, writing clean and efficient code
- Design, build and refactor our data integrations architecture as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
- Verify, test and deploy new builds
- Work with the backend team to understand how data from various sources maps and fits into our own data structures
- Work with the machine learning team to discover new 3rd party integrations that can be leveraged to enhance and train ML models
- Build data pipelines for model training and data analytics
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, higher quality, and responsive experience
- Troubleshoot, debug and maintain existing integrations
- Work with our clients to troubleshoot and debug integrations to their internal systems
- Optimize our use of processing power, memory, storage, bandwidth, and third-party API calls in our backend infrastructure
What we are looking for
- Experienced in development and backend systems building, with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to software development
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of Computer Science and Information Architecture, including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, their complexities, their tradeoffs, and their implementation (e.g. trees, graphs, sorting algorithms, and their various Big O implications)
- Excited about thoughtfully building scalable platforms
- Previous experience in designing developer-friendly APIs
- Have a drive for thorough documentation
- Knowledgeable about systems architecture choices and performance trade-offs, database design and extensibility
- Comfortable developing and maintaining systems written in Golang, and Python, using unit testing, and managing version-controlled development using continuous integration and devops tools (e.g.GitHub actions). Working knowledge of a wide variety of languages and frameworks is preferred.
- Capable of writing SQL queries for Oracle and Postgresql
- Experienced with gRPC
- A strong collaborator, able to establish relationships with other development teams, and to proactively keep teammates in the loop on progress and issues
- A creative thinker, able to investigate and solve complex product challenges
- A clean, conscientious and forward-thinking coder
- Keen to take initiative wherever an aspect of the in-app experience, feature, development process, or culture can be improved
- Previous experience in Spark or Hadoop is a bonus
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Data Integration Engineer at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you.