Junior Data Analyst
Junior Data Analyst
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
About the role
Kalido (kalido.me) is building THE ecosystem where one billion talented professionals and freelancers globally, and the half-million larger companies they work with, thrive together. We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Junior Data Analyst to join us.
In this role, you will be empowering Kalido’s machine learning, marketing and design teams with data driven insights, informing their short and long term strategy. As for any other AI-driven company, data is paramount for Kalido. We currently use a diverse set of tools to manage data and derive insights, such as postgres, tableau, Google Analytics 4 and other custom tools built in python. With a quick release schedule, you will see your insights transform into new features, new marketing campaigns or new machine learning models within days!
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Apply analytical theory to real-world problems on dynamic datasets. Your insights will not stop at data and calculations but will span across numerical insight and business objectives.
- Process large data sets (gigabytes of both text and numeric).
- Further our understanding of third party data sources and complex database schemas provided by our clients.
- Address client and marketing queries about the current state of play.
- Work with our marketing and sales team to produce the raptors and data exports that will result in the biggest impact.
- Work with the design team to validate user journey hypotheses.
- Collaborate with data scientists and machine learning engineers to build datasets and analyse the performance of deployed models.
- Optimise the current dashboards and queries to run faster and save resources.
- Propose new tools to streamline the analytics process and get it as close as possible to a self-served model.
- Be hands-on in identifying problems in data and improving the quality of data using tools and data labelling techniques.
- Prepare batches of data to be sent to human labellers, analyse and provide feedback on the annotated data we receive from labellers.
- Provide input into future data strategy and product development.
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here. We are looking for someone who: shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Creative and delivery-focused, loving to empower people to make the right decisions
- Privacy-aware, putting security and data privacy first, suggesting data anonymization processes whenever necessary
- Inquisitive by nature
- Able to rapidly and effectively answer business questions and assumptions by building data pipelines & visualisations
- Experienced with Tableau, PowerBI or other interactive data visualisation platforms
- Excited to write your own reporting tools in python and integrating with various internal and external data sources
- Equipped with programming skills to self-sufficiently manipulate, analyse, synthesise, and visualise data in e.g. matplotlib, plotly, bokeh, pandas
- Experienced in the design and usage of relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with cloud storage (google cloud storage or AWS S3) is a bonus
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Junior Data Analyst at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Apply today.