Junior Data Scientist
Junior Data Scientist
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
About the role
Kalido (kalido.me) is building THE ecosystem where one billion talented professionals and freelancers globally, and the half-million larger companies they work with, thrive together. We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Junior Data Scientist to join us.
In this role, you will be in the forefront of implementing new models that tackle real enterprise problems and improving existing models. As an AI driven company, the primary engine of the business is machine learning models. We currently have a diverse set of tools including NLP models which are able to extract skills and services from free text, models which are able to rank candidates to a job description and many more. To achieve this we use a series of inhouse models and open source tools and are always open to innovative ideas. With a quick release schedule, you will be able to impact the core business from idea to release in a matter of days.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Apply analytical theory to real-world problems on dynamic datasets. Your insights will not stop at data and calculations but will span across numerical insight and business objectives
- Process and reproducibly model large sets of data
- Be hands-on in identifying problems in data and improving the quality of data using tools and data labelling techniques
- Define quality metrics for the data and model performance
- Work in tandem with Machine Learning Developers to build and improve the tools to train, monitor and analyse model performance and data quality
- Identify areas in which more data could be collected and used to train the models
- Work with designers on collecting user data for training models purposes
- Work with other teams to understand the opportunities and constraints of existing data in the context of ML and predictive modelling
- Propose technical solutions and strategies to business challenges in a self-driven environment
- Develop statistical models and algorithms for integration with our product
- Provide input into future data science strategy and product development
- Provide guidance and feedback to other design and development teams to improve the quality of user experiences through better data feedback systems
- Test, evaluate and improve the analytical results on live systems
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here. We are looking for someone who: shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Creative and delivery-focused, especially in small data environments
- Passionate about mathematics and statistics, with proven track record of data science related work
- Able to rapidly and effectively translate business challenges into data pipelines & model frameworks
- Experienced with multiple ML techniques such as deep neural networks, transformers and recommender models, as well as python ML libraries such as tensorflow, pytorch and sklearn
- Equipped with programming skills to self-sufficiently manipulate, analyse, synthesise, and visualise data in e.g. matplotlib, plotly, bokeh, pandas
- Experienced in the design and usage of relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experienced with testing frameworks (e.g.PyTest)
- Experienced with Docker containers in the context of training and deploying ML models
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Junior Data Scientist at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Apply today.