Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
About the role
Kalido (kalido.me) is building THE ecosystem where one billion talented professionals and freelancers globally, and the half-million larger companies they work with, thrive together. We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Machine Learning Engineer to join us.
Kalido has to tackle a number of unique, challenging NLP problems unsolved by off-the-shelf models, which required us to delve into cutting-edge NLP research to find techniques that would help solve our problems. In this role, you will be responsible for building the infrastructure around our NLP engine that allows Kalido to intelligently connect skilled people anywhere, anytime, for any purpose. You’ll also have a real opportunity to shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world. You’ll also be able (and encouraged) to publish the results of any work you do that is not commercially sensitive.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with data scientists, management, design, and other development teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, using clean and efficient code
- Build and refactor our ML architecture, tools and data ops pipeline as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
- Continuously integrate your architecture with the rest of Kalido’s systems, ensuring seamless execution for everyone
- Verify, test and deploy new builds
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, more cost-effective, more maintainable, higher quality, and maximally responsive experience
- Proactively alert others to technical debt, and manage plans to address it without unreasonably compromising delivery timelines
- Ensure you are up to date with NLP research, common ML tools and algorithms, data privacy and ethics guidelines, and updates to common frameworks including Python, SQL, and other relevant languages
- Propose, evaluate, select, and integrate new technologies when needed
- Proactively suggest changes to balance cost, security, performance, and deployability
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here. We are looking for someone who shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- A critical thinker, with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to development
- A computer scientist, with solid understanding of mathematics and statistics including with previous research or commercial experience related to machine learning
- Fluent in Python, SQL, and popular ML frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc)
- Comfortable with version-controlled, test-driven development
- An owner, who is hands-on when driving projects and designing, implementing and deploying ML models
- Familiar with containerization, continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Travis, Docker, Git, Circle CI, ECS, etc)
- Up to date with the latest methods in NLP, deep neural networks, active learning, etc
- Passionate about deep learning model optimization; and aware of infrastructure issues and potential bottlenecks for ML models
- Knowledgeable about systems architecture choices and performance trade-offs, database design and extensibility
- A builder who enjoys making an impact in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Preferably familiar with multiple other programming languages and software frameworks including Golang
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Machine Learning Engineer at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Apply today.