Senior iOS Developer
Location: London, UK
Salary: £70,000-£80,000 + Equity
About the role
Kalido exists to help create a world where people and organizations can maximize potential through a global community of valued connections and opportunities. We passionately problem solve new ways to do this, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Senior iOS Developer to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for: leading our iOS development team; developing new features and maintaining the iOS version of Kalido (written in Swift); and ensuring that it is secure, performant, easily deployable, respectful of device limitations, reasonably backward-compatible, cost-effective, and fit for purpose. In doing so, you will shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
Build the product and manage the team
- Collaborate with management, design, and other development teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, using clean and efficient code
- Design, build and refactor our iOS architecture as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
- Verify, test and deploy new builds
- Inspire and lead junior developers, ensuring their growth
- Mentor other developers to help them grow, and to ensure our design and development efforts and ethos remain aligned
Maintain the app
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, more maintainable, higher quality, and responsive experience
- Proactively alert others to technical debt, and manage plans to address it without unreasonably compromising delivery timelines
Plan for the future
- Act as a product owner, with: zero tolerance for instability, a zeal for improving the development process and user experience, a desire to build designer-developer relationships that balance constraints on both sides, and a vision for what Kalido could do in the future
- Ensure you are on top of changes to Apple’s App Store submission guidelines, Xcode behaviours, Swift versions, iOS features, and other relevant matters, so that we are always able to release quickly.
- Propose, evaluate, select, and integrate new technologies when needed
- Proactively suggest changes to balance cost, security, performance, and deployability
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us. We are looking for someone who: shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Experienced (have 3+ years experience of commercial iOS development), with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to professional development
- Fluent in Swift, familiar with Objective C, comfortable with common iOS design, architecture and frontend patterns, and familiar with multiple other programming languages and software frameworks, with a strong belief in the importance of testing, and comfort with version controlled development
- Preferably supported by a portfolio of published iOS apps and open source contributions
- Knowledgeable about UX and UI, with a deep understanding of design patterns commonly used in iOS development, including Apple’s human interface guidelines
- A leader, experienced in managing small teams of developers through the entire software development lifecycle, in maintaining and continually improving a lean software development process, and in delivering high quality code reviews, with a toolbelt of best practices for professional software development
- Passionate about extracting every last ounce of performance from iOS (across different iPhone models), and ensuring maximum benefits available from the full capabilities of the frameworks offered by Apple and various third party service providers
How to apply
If being a Senior iOS Developer at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Drop us an email with your CV (including a link to your portfolio and relevant repositories) and a cover letter, addressed to Martyna at email@example.com, or apply online today: