Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Location: Gurgaon or India based remote
About the role
Kalido (kalido.me) is building THE ecosystem where one billion talented professionals and freelancers globally, and the half-million larger companies they work with, thrive together. We are a team of passionate problem solvers based across the UK, India, and South Africa, who are constantly looking for new better ways, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Senior Product Designer to join us.
In this role, you will not only help to shape Kalido’s UX and UI but also shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Identify opportunities for new features and improvements to existing features and work with Head of Design and Frontend and product management to align product strategy with business aims
- Lead new feature design, working across the whole UX lifecycle from ideation and research through to UI and testing; partner with junior team members where needed
- Work with Head of Design and Frontend and product management to establish the user research and testing strategy and to identify success metrics and analytics that need to be tracked and use the data gathered to inform existing feature improvements and new feature ideas
- Lead user research and testing sessions
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product management to ensure that new features and updates to existing features can be implemented and to deliver the best possible user experience across web and native mobile platforms
- Produce supporting documentation and wireframes that can be translated into UI
- Update or define UI design style, rules and layout and assist junior team members in maintaining the DSM where necessary
- Manage and mentor junior designers
- Participate in client meetings and demos either as a presenter or feedback gatherer
- Educate and coach teams on industry best practices and emerging lessons related to enterprise products
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here. We are looking for someone who: shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Open to hypothesise
- Excited about B2B products
- Aware of startup pressures
- Initiator, focused on solutions rather than just problems
- Great running partner for other leaders
- Happy to improve and build upon already existing elements
- Good communicator and collaborator with a track record of establishing great relationships with developers and management
- Creative thinker, able to investigate and solve complex product challenges while being mindful about impact on other teams
- Good listener, that takes constructive feedback and executes updates quickly focusing on the goal
- Detail-oriented designer who is updated with the latest principles and trends and is supported by a strong portfolio
- Experienced (5+yrs) Product Designer dedicated to the complete design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or native mobile applications (preferably SaaS)
- An expert in Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Familiar with Balsamiq, Monday.com (bonus)
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015 and is currently going through the phase of intense growth. We have raised a total of $17M in funding (getting ready for series B) and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. Our efforts and mission have been recognised and we’ve been chosen by the World Economic Forum as Technology Pioneer 2020. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, company options, learning budget, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
Kalido is a full-stack, Saas solution for ‘right person right work’, built for today’s world of work. Traditional processes and platforms currently used by organisations to manage their end-to-end talent supply chain are high cost, fragmented, ineffective and talent unfriendly- much more so in a post-pandemic world. Kalido solves these problems by creatively virtualizing and shaping an organisation’s talent pools (internal, applicants, alumni, contractors, freelancers) and work specifications and using proprietary AI to accelerate ranking, matching, selection and deployment for them. Kalido’s feature set supports Recruiting and deployment, Upskilling, Professional Development, as well as Inclusion and Engagement.
How to apply
If being a Senior Product Designer at Kalido sounds like something that leverages your skills and ignites your passion, we want to get to know you. Apply today.